Tuesday, September 24, 2013

09. 24. 13. My Hands.

09. 24. 13. My Hands.

Day Four.
My Hands.

Hmm, what to say. Our hands are so under appreciated. I mean, like we use them every single day pretty much every minute. Our hands can do so much; it's amazing. We draw, write, build, lift, create, sew, drive, eat, type, work, all with our hands. Our hands follow our every command even our sub conscience ones. Our hands can be used to accomplish any task set before us.

I am right handed and I have big hands. For a long time they were the same size as my older brother who is over six feet tall! I just realized I am only 5 inches shorter than him though. So this was always one thing I hated. What girl wants man hands? I always thought a boy wouldn't want to hold my hand if my hand was bigger than his. Man, was I wrong. If you're pretty they want to hold your hand no matter how big it is. Anyways, I always hated the size of my hands; but now I love them. I can do stuff that men can do. I can lift, scrub, move furniture, and do general work that women typically couldn't do. I actually think I'm pretty buff. One of my fingers is crooked and becomes swollen when the weather changes dramatically. Again my mother would always say my hands were the hands of royalty. As if I belonged in the Renaissance time period or with Queen Elizabeth since my hands are so graceful. I am a natural dancer so my hands just kinda naturally go into first position.

My hands have done so much over the years, and I'm proud to say that. My hands have been scraped on the streets of Ireland while sharing the message of Christ. My hands have been to Guatemala and built walls and swung kids around. They've been to Wales and played with children near the sea and twirled flags. They're been in my own city feeding the homeless and tearing down walls and handing out flyers. My hands have learned to draw and play music. These hands have typed numerous papers and poems and words and edited many pictures. These hands have written love and truth and feelings over the years. These hands have been used for work and for play and I'm surprised they're still connected to my arms honestly. It's amazing what God can do with your hands if you'll let him. Let him use you as His hands. He has taken me to so many places because I had no choice but to say yes. I'm so excited to see how he will use my hands in the future.

How has God used your hands? What do you love about your hands?

No comments:

Post a Comment