Sunday, September 22, 2013

09. 22. 13. My Eyes.

09.22. 13. My Eyes.

Day Two.
Hmm....what should I do next? How 'bout those blue things in the middle of my face? My eyes.

Lately, the eyes have been the biggest thing in the makeup industry. Typically in those makeup tutorials on Youtube people say the eyes are the most important thing on your face and that's what you should spend most of your time on. So they sell hundreds of products just to decorate around those things on your face. I'm not saying makeup is bad, I'm wearing some right now and in this picture. I'm simply saying makeup is generally just used for the wrong reasons and girls tend to hide behind. Ladies, I would know. I am a girl.

I love my eyes. They're pale blue like the grandpa I never met. I've heard also that blue eyes are actually the non-dominant gene too. So typically people don't have blue eyes as much as brown eyes. I have perfect vision. I've never needed glasses. Confession time: yes, I do wear the fake glasses from Claire's. And yes I have convinced people I actually needed them when in actuality I just think they look cute on me. When I wear them I get noticed a lot more; which is weird considering they are glasses and typically people get teased for wearing them. Yes, I have said they have very little prescription on them even though there is none. Anyways, my friends are constantly telling me how much they love my eyes. Yes, they are slightly crooked and you can kinda see it in this picture and one is bigger than the other. But none of you would have known that unless I hadn't just told you or if you did a thorough examination of my face, now would you?

Someone along time ago said something along the lines of how the eyes are the window to the soul. I kinda agree with this statement. Eyes are one of the most expressive things about us. They help us perceive the world around us and in turn allow others to perceive us. People communicate through their eyes which honestly is really cool. Our eyes can express 10 million emotions that we can't even form into words. You can see pain or joy or love just in someone's eyes.

I want to see things the way Christ does. But I didn't realize how much it hurt. While I was in Wales, a pastor came up to me and told me God was going to use my compassionate heart and it was going to hurt me. And it has. I see people. I see there brokenness when everyone around them doesn't. I can tell when something's wrong. I can see it coming. Like in Monk, It's a gift and a curse. I know when things are going to happen. I love my eyes. I thank God for the perspective he has been giving me through them and for even the natural beauty of the eyes he's given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment