Monday, September 23, 2013

09. 23. 13. My Hair.

09. 23. 13. My Hair.
Day Three.
Rapunzel. Goldilocks. Blondie. Tinkerbell. Barbie. The Lioness. What do all these characters have in common? They all have hair; specifically blonde hair. All of these have also been nicknames for me  because of my hair.

My hair. Man, I think every girl has hated her hair and wanted someone else's. Let's be honest here. I love rich, auburn, straight hair. That's what I've always wanted instead of my blonde mop on my head. My hair is super thick, super long, naturally wavy, naturally blonde, and has some natural highlights in it. To some this sounds like the perfect hair or super model hair. And I'm slowly realizing it really is. It's actually perfect besides how easily it tangles and headaches from its weight. Plus I only need to wash it like every 3 days! (Okay, you probably didn't need to know that.)

In the Bible, somewhere in Proverbs or Psalms it says that our hair is our shining glory. My mom has quoted it to me for years, anytime I complain about the mess on my head. Several of my coworkers and friends say they wish they had my hair and for the longest time I couldn't see why. I never saw their perspective. Again, having my senior pictures done has had a huge effect on me. My hair is untamed in the pictures but it looks free. Recently God has been showing me just how free I really am. I love how my hair could represent my freedom in Christ and how I don't have to worry about it each day. Because honestly, each day it does something new and that's okay. It's a new adventure every day even if I don't want it to be.

When I was 8, I still had a ton of hair and decided to donate it to Locks of Love. Locks of Love is an organization that makes wigs out of real hair for kids suffering from cancer. Even if I have my hair just to have donated then, then it's worth it. I want to thank God for his creation of me. He makes everything beautiful; including me. I want to see everything as beautiful. Including my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment