Saturday, September 21, 2013

09. 21. 13. My Smile.

09.21.13
Day One.
Oh Gosh. What have I gotten myself into? Yes I know 'gotten' isn't a word. Sssshhhh. My smile.

For years, I hated my smile. I always thought I looked like a chipmunk or something. If I really smiled like hardcore smile I would get this weird wrinkles under my eyes and it looked like I was squinting or like my face was squished or something. People would always ask if I had braces when I was younger because of how straight my teeth are. (I've never had braces for all who have wondered!) But now my smile is probably one of my favorite parts of my face. I smile all the time and I've been told I blush easily which I know is true but I always thought that made me naive and a little girl. I never realized it showed that I was happy or that I was going to be happy.

A friend recently told me that the smile is always the first thing he notices in a person, and I think that's how it is for most people. They notice your smile. Your smile is an expression of how you perceive life. It shows how you are feeling and betrays you and hides itself when you are sad; letting people know how you feel. It's a sign on how you feel about something. Are you smiling most of the time or are you frowning? Do you see your life as half full or half empty? How do you deal with problems? Yes we all have problems, and even I frown a lot but I want to choose to be happy. I want to show people that even though I have hardships I know who holds my future. I want to be like the Proverbs 31 woman who laughs without fear of the future. She smiles because her savior holds her no matter what.

I love to laugh. I love to smile. I smile because I have it all, I have my Savior. I want to never stop smiling. I love my smile. I want people to see the happiness I have found in Christ. Even if my smile looks funny to others it looks like pure joy to me. I smile for my King and I want to smile for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment